Comment on page
Installation - Shared Hosting
Learn how to install QwikTest script in shared hosting
Follow the below steps carefully to install the QwikTest script in shared hosting. Your server must have PHP 7.4, MySQL 5.7.24 or higher, and Apache/NGINX.
- 1.Configure a domain or subdomain
- 2.Create a database
- 3.Upload script downloaded from CodeCanyon
See the below video for the installation process.
Create a domain or subdomain in the cPanel. Set root directory to
If you have only a single domain, then set the primary domain root directory to
Create a database and assign all privileges to the database user.
- Download the zip file from CodeCanyon.
- Extract the zip file from your system.
- Navigate to
- Select the upload_this.zip file and upload it to the
public_html/[DOMAIN_FOLDER]directory of your hosting.
- Extract the contents of the uploaded zip file to the same directory i.e
- Give 775 permission to the following directories.
Then navigate to yourdomain.com/install on the browser and follow the instructions.
Finally, when you are on the installation success screen, don't close the browser window directly. Instead, you must hit the Click here to exit the button to complete the installation.
If the installation fails due to server issues, fix them and:
- 1.Delete all the tables in the existing database or make a new database.
- 2.Delete the storage/installed file of the app in the sever
- 3.Replace the .env file on the server with the .env file from the downloaded script.
- 4.Finally, start the installation again by visiting yourdomain.com/install.
Important Things to Remember
- QwikTest CAN only be installed on your main domain or subdomain. For example, yourdomain.com or app.yourdomain.com. It CANNOT be installed in the subdirectory path of your domain, for example, www.yourdomain.com/my-app.
- You should set the domain root directory to the app's /public directory, not the root directory. If you set it to the root directory, it won't work and will also expose the application's sensitive data.
Please raise a ticket on our support portal if you have any issues with the installation within the QwikTest application.
We cannot provide fixes that are related to your web hosting or server environment. Therefore, if your hosting or server environment is different than what is listed in the above section, you’ll need to determine if it will work before purchasing. Server setup and configuration are not in our scope of support.