Comment on page
Update from Previous Versions
Learn how to update QwikTest to a newer version.
Follow the below steps carefully to update the QwikTest script.
- 1.Take a backup of the previous installation
- 2.Clean the previous installation
- 3.Upload and extract the new update file from CodeCanyon
- 4.Check directory permissions.
- 5.Check and Fix updates in the Maintenance Settings.
IMPORTANT NOTE. You can't update the app from one version to another by skipping the intermediate versions. You have to update one by one sequentially. For Eg. Your app's current version is 1.3.0, and the latest version is 1.5.0. You must upgrade the app to 1.4.0 first, and then you have to update to 1.5.0.
First things first, back up your files and database of the previous QwikTest installation on your server.
KINDLY DON'T IGNORE. Be make sure to back up your files and database before updating the application. So that if anything goes wrong, you won't lose your data.
Goto the QwikTest previous installation directory in the server and delete all the files and folders EXCEPT the
/storagefolder and the "
Perform this step only after you take the backup of previous files and database. If you delete the /storage folder or the .env file by mistake, upload them from the backup.
Download the zip file from CodeCanyon and extract it on your local system (PC)
- 1.Goto the "
Upgrade to 1.x.x from 1.x.x" folder.
- 2.You will find a zip file named "
- 3.Upload this zip file to your server into the previous QwikTest installation directory.
- 4.Extract the zip file in the same directory.
Make sure you have 775 permission to the following directories.
Clear the Browser Cache and Open Browser.
Most browsers cache the CSS and JS files, so DON'T FORGET to clear the browser cache. Otherwise, updated functionality may not be visible, or you may face a broken layout/white blank screen.
Now, we need to run migrations. Visit (https://yourdomain.com/migrate) and click the run migrations button.
App Migration Page
Once the migration is successful, proceed to the login and fix updates.
Migration Successful Page
After updating the application with the latest files, we must fix some settings. You can do that by performing the below steps.
- 1.Login to the admin account and select
Settings > Maintenance Settingsfrom the sidebar menu.
- 2.Then, click on the Check and Fix Updates button and confirm the password.
- 3.That's it! Your application is now updated to the latest version.